Membership at Gateway Downtown
Church membership is an important part to a believer's journey. It allows both the church and the member to invest in each other. It is a way of connecting and pledging oneself to the local body while providing a way for the church to support the members in discipleship, encouragement, exhortation, and admonishment.
Under Christ, the members are the ultimate governing authority in our church.
Types of Membership
Gateway Downtown has two membership options: regular membership and associate membership. Associate membership is designed for those who reside in the Cleveland area for only a portion of the year like a student who returns home every summer, a contractor who works winters in the south, or a businessperson who splits time between two offices across the country. We can tell you more about these commitments in person.
The basic membership requirements are
- evidence of a regenerate life,
- baptism following regeneration,
- a commitment to faithfully serve the church body at Gateway Downtown,
- completion of the membership class(es),
- recommendation of the elders, and
- approval by the congregation.
If you're interested in learning more, please contact us!